Wednesday, June 22, 2005

New Addition


Many of my faithful followers of this world famous web log have already heard the news through various sources (People, ET, Hard Copy) but I wanted to officially announce the arrival of Ava Kathleen on June 20th. She popped out about 1 pm with a full head of dark hair. She's a real beauty and seems to get prettier every day. I believe it was Broadway Joe Namath that once said "I can't wait for tomorrow because I get better lookin' every day". She has to be thinking the same thing.
Of course, now the male species is an even larger minority in this house. Zeke and I are the only ones with testosterone racing through our bodies. But I feel good about being a minority (although the white male is the most persecuted being in America...don't argue). Now I have excuses for my stupidity or apathy. I can now say that I didn't get the last pork chop on the platter because "the womenfolks' is holdin me down"
In all seriousness, I feel extremely lucky to have what I have. I am fortunate to have three healthy, beautiful, smart, and lively girls in my life and now there is no doubt that Little Miss Ava is quickly becoming the fourth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really resent the fact that you don't consider me human. Yeah, I'm male but I don't think I have testosterone...I do have feelings though. I mean I've been a part of your life a long time. I show you the upmost excitement when you return from a trip to the garage. Hell, should I rollover and pee all over myself to get your attention? Why do you feed me the same shit every day? The only toys I get are your stinkin' socks. I try to talk to you, you never listen. I'm starting to think that your having kids to fill a void that I used to fill.....that I've lost my place in the pack. Whatever it was that I did I want you to know that I'm sorry. If you ever want to talk about it, I'll be in the yard chewing a rock to relieve the anxiety I feel every time you breed.

Still your best friend,
Zeke